Wednesday, October 1, 2008

It's here...

If you look to the right you will see that the temperature is starting to slowly drop. The happy, warm days of summer are over. We were talking this morning about how in April/May we felt that a day like today was warm. I am starting to get nervous about the winter!! I did buy my first winter coat today and its adorable. I am excited that I get to shop because I need warmer clothes!! We will probably be thrilled to come home at Thanksgiving just for a weather break.

I went to Pittsburgh this weekend and had a fantastic time. I did not know much about the city and was more than impressed by it. It is really amazing seeing the difference when driving from Ohio to Pennsylvania. Pennsylvania is GORGEOUS! Even better than northern michigan. See Below...

This was the entire drive through Pennsylvania. It was amazing.
Pittsburgh sits between two rivers that feed in from the Ohio river. It's like a Y, the Ohio river is the Stem and the allegheny and monongahela rivers make up the "v" portion of the Y. That is why PNC park used to be called Three Rivers Stadium. We actually ran from the loft we stayed at to PNC park and past Steelers stadium. The city is beautiful. It does feel very urban but it has a lot of character.



Pittsburgh is big on restoration. They reuse buildings. My friend that I visited lives in an old cork factory and many old churches are turned into restaurants and bars. We ate at this place. Its an old church that is now a brewery.




We also went up the Duquesne (pronounced Ducaine) Incline. It was completed in 1877 and is 800 feet long, 400 feet in height, and is inclined at a 30 degree angle. I did not find it fun but the view was worth it.



I have to say it was a fun and surprisingly exciting weekend in Pittsburgh. I also have the greatest friends on the planet no matter what city we visit. Thanks ladies for a great weekend!

Louisa I know this is late but we hope you had a fun birthday despite being alone in Houston. We love you and are so inspired by you. We can't wait to see you in a few months!!

Hope everyone is enjoying their warm falls. At least the scenery is better here!!

No comments: