Thursday, October 23, 2008

Fall Update

It has been a busy few weeks here in Michigan. Fall has swooped in and I can't remember the last time I went outside and it was warm. My mom (Kaye) came to visit the past week and we had a great time. It was her birthday on the 18th, which is also a midwest only holiday called "The Sweetest Day". I was pretty nervous because it was the day before the race but we had a great day. We all went to Apple Charlie's which is a cider mill near the airport. It was fun. Cider here is like organic, delicious, fresh, cold apple juice that is really thick and amazing. We also went to the Henry Ford Museum. It was really great. They had a neat costume exhibit and a lot of historical things too. I took my mom to Paint Creek Trail where I did many training runs for the marathon. It's a tree laced trail along a river that goes for about 9 miles. We did most of our 12 mile runs there. That morning we saw 6 deer on the trail too. It is so pretty. It makes running fun. The race went ok but as I mentioned before I was really tired. You can see from my face in the pictures I was just ready to be done!

It will be just a few short weeks and we will be back in Texas. I am so excited!! Things here should slow down a little for us till then. It is suppose to snow on Monday. I just hope we make it through the winter, it seems to be starting early this year! EEKK!

Above are a few late slideshows.. Pittsburgh, Traverse City (Northern Michigan), and last weekend.

No comments: