Saturday, May 3, 2008

Derby Dollars


Today is the Kentucky Derby and the first time I've been able to place "legal" bets on the race by visiting our local horse track.
So, like any good uncle, I thought I would introduce my nephews and niece to the world of horse racing.
Here you go guys and gal. I placed a $5 bet for each of you on different horses, and if you win, I'll cash it for you and send you the money. There can only be one winner, but I hope the lucky person will share their winnings with their siblings.
I chose each horse based on odds and the name that fit each one of you the best. Good luck!
** Matt : Your horse is Colonel John. He has odds of 4-to-1. A colonel his a high-ranking official just like you ... the oldest brother.
** Zach: Your horse is Big Brown. He is the favorite at 3-to-1. I chose him for you because you're really the only true brown kid in the family.
** Alex: Your horse is Pyro. His odds are 6-to-1. The name says it all. Who else do we think will be the first to get in trouble for starting a fire?
** Adriana: Your horse is Adriano. His odds are 30-to-1. I just couldn't resist picking this horse for you.

See you later,
Uncle Pat

No comments: