Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays Everyone!
I am sitting at work with not much to do as I had expected. I have 2 patients to watch over till I leave at 10! Sweet!
We had a really lovely night last night. I wish I had brought my camera to mass. The church was incredibly beautiful and there were about 1000 people there. After mass, which ended at 1:30 am, we made breakfast and then opened presents. It was great fun. Maybe a new family tradition, at least the breakfast part! Patrick was especially excited about his new office complete with a putting green rug and an ant farm that is glow in the dark! I got the coolest blanket with arm holes from a Santa in Slaton and Patrick always picks out the best clothes for me. I am a blessed lady.
We both were off the day before Christmas Eve so we went out to a nice dinner and to Greenfield Village at the Henry Ford Museum Grounds. It is an early 1900's reinactment town. They have a special for Christmas where you walk around and go into the houses and shops and watch them do as they would have a century ago. Also there are carolers and rides and of course Santa and his reindeer. We had hot cider and chocolate and rode in an original Model T from 1916. It ended in fireworks and a group sing along. It was a great Christmas experience.
We had the most fantastic time in Chicago a little over a week ago. We stayed in a great little hotel that had free breakfast and appetizers and drinks at night. We loved how easy it is to get around. Well at least until the major storm hit. We got stranded at the Field museum and had to talk two little old ladies into sharing a cab with us. We had hot cocoa at the top of the Hancock Observatory (95 floors up) and watched the sunset. It was fantastic. We also saw Wicked. Had it not stormed so bad we probably would have packed our bags and moved there next. We loved it.
I realize this post is working backwards. On to Thanksgiving. We really had a blast at home. It feels good to see wide open spaces and familiar faces. Of course we had too much fun with our growing clan of neice and nephews. I have to say they are the cutest kids in the world. Adri fell in love with her Tio instantly. We were very happy to visit home and happy to return to a place we like.
We hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and a blessed New Year. We miss you all and appreciate all the gifts and cards and support that has been sent our way over the last 9 months. God Bless you all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment