can you see it?
After watching the olympic trials today I decided that just watching people run does not count as cardio for the day. So I decided to go run and drug myself outside around 9 pm. We don't really get dark till 10:20 or so. So I began down my usual path (which I always do earlier in the day) dreading the next 20-50 minutes ( I still had not decided how long I would go). Then as dusk came on I began to see these little sparks in the distance. I had seen them on some of my 6 or 7 pm runs but I thought I was heat exhaustion making me see things. I realized that along my path were tons of fireflys. I would see them ahead on both sides of the sidewalk lighting my way and making the run quite enjoyable. I felt like I was in Oregon with my own cheering squad and flashbulbs flashing. Or at least thats what I was telling my self to get through the 45 minute run. It was a welcome surprise. I ran inside and got my camera and took video (they were more active when I wasn't trying to film them) and got ONE picture after taking at least 50. Oh and by the way I am not running just for fun, my friends at work have me ALMOST convinced to do the Detroit 1/2 marathon with them that would take me from downtown detroit to Canada and finish running into Ford Field. We shall see ... I'm gonna need lots of fireflys!
As far as celebrating the 4th, we both worked. Pat works late anyways and I had the late shift that ran even later. It was for the best though because I am sure we would have been depressed being away from our families. We had so much fun last year and we would have been missing the Lubbock crowd big time. I had the 6-2am shift and stayed till 4. I am now convinced firecrackers are even more dangerous than I thought before. I had to treat a 6 y/o with a corneal (eyeball) burn and severe back burns all from a sparkler. We'll see who will win that fight if and when we ever have kids! All in all is was a fun night at work and not nearly as bad as I thought.
We celebrated the next day by playing golf and then went on a dinner and a movie date. Birmingham was so nice and everyone was out (it was high 60s temp wise) strolling the street and enjoying their families. We got ice cream and then saw Wanted. It was really graphic but funny and SO cool. But we still missed our families. The best thing is my family will be here in 3 days. We are both SO excited to see some familiar faces. We will update after the visit.
I have been trying to upload video but it just wont work... I will keep trying!
God Bless

No comments:
Post a Comment