
We are about to kick off our summer vacation and we are excited. We are both off for a week (Pat actually gets 10 days) and have a lot planned. We head to Vegas (shock) Thursday and return Tuesday. I found a medical conference that is one day so my work is paying for some of the hotel and I get paid for the hours I am in the conference. SWEET! We are so ready to relax a little and enjoy our fave vacation spot. We also have some baseball tickets and tickets to the buick open as well. I think Tiger is out but it should be fun anyway. Speaking of golf...
Patrick has been bit by the Golf bug. He is always thinking about, talking about, and dreaming about golf. He is doing well but still has a lot of work to do on his game, as do I. We have a driving range down the street so that helps. It will be weird when its snowy and we can't go outside and play.
Things are still going well for both of us. We are making friends here and are really getting comfortable in our environment. At first it all felt like a LONG vacation. Now the surroundings are familiar and we have more of a routine. I have made some great girlfriends at work and enjoy the girls nights we have occasionally. I totally missed that after my awesome friends left me alone in lubbock. ( OK so you six pac-ers need to come visit) I love my job and even got a great review for my first 90 days. I was nervous because there is still a ton of stuff I am learning. Now I don't get wobbly knees when I have to call ortho and give detailed reports. I leave every day with a huge smile on my face and that almost never happened when I was in Lubbock.
Patrick is also doing well. He is such an easy person to like that I knew it would be just a matter of time before his co-workers started warming up to him. He spends most of his time at work practicing putting and making people laugh. What a job!
The weather is still fantastic. Not too hot yet but definitely humid. There have been a few bad storms that left 50,000 people in our county without electricity for over 4 days. We got lucky and had no problems. In fact I don't even remember the storm!
We are also very excited to report that our neice has started walking. The video is awesome. We wish we were there but love seeing the video. Our newest nephew is almost here and we can't wait. It will be weird not being there the day of the birth since we were both at all but Matthews. We are really sad we wont get to meet him for a while but we will still spoil him like crazy.
We will update after our vacation. Happy Summer Everyone!

No comments:
Post a Comment