Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Hold your horses ...

OK nephews and niece ... here we go. The final leg of the Triple Crown, the Belmont Stakes, is Saturday. This is your last chance to pick a winning horse until next year. This time, we're letting you pick. Below is the field of horses and their odds. Let me know which horse you want -- except Zach, of course, because I'm sure he'll stick with Big Brown -- by Friday, so I can place your $5 bet.

On another note, I'm glad to write that Alex's first horse, Pryo, is feeling better and good enough to run. Unfortunately, he missed the deadline to enter. He was very upset. Here is a picture of him when he was told he could not run in Saturday's race.

Good luck

Uncle Pat and aunt Rita


1 Big Brown.........................2-5
2 Guadalcanal.....................50-1
3 Macho Again....................20-1
4 Denis of Cork...................12-1
5 Casino Drive.....................7-2
6 Da'Tara............................30-1
7 Tale of Ekati.....................20-1
8 Anak Nakal......................30-1
9 Ready's Echo....................30-1
10 Icabad Crane....................20-1

1 comment:

The Gonzales Gang said...

Here are the horses the kids picked:

Zachary was nice enough to give Big Brown to his brother Alex, since he wants nothing to do with Pyro.

Matthew is going with Casino Drive because of the odds.

Zach is picking Tale of Ekati just because.

Adri will go with Denis of Cork.

Since Saturday is my birthday, I will go with Macho Again, again. Maybe he'll win this time.