View from our front window a year ago
3/4/2008
Tiger Stadium
A few weeks after our arrival and NOT acclimated to the weather.
Almost a year later. Weather acclimated and HAPPY!!!!
WE MADE IT!!!!!!!!!
One year in Detroit thousands of miles away from "home".
I guess this is home for now. I thought our 1 year anniversary of being here was March 9th, I think it was actually March 3rd. Although I don't remember flying out on that day but we have an updated post on March 6th from a few days after we got here.
Now that I think about it today was almost 60 degrees and last year it was frigid cold and snowing - that is a GOOD sign.
We have had a wonderful year. It had its bumps in the road but they were mainly adjustment issues. Of course we missed our families like crazy but it was good for OUR family. Patrick and I are much closer than before (if that was even possible). He went from working 80 hrs a week to 37 1/2 a week. No phone calls or pagers going off on our date nights (which are very often). We love the Michigan way of life, especially in the summer. We are more active and in touch with our surroundings than in Lubbock.
I am so grateful for the last year. I learned so much about myself, Patrick, survival skills, and life in general. The other good thing about moving is that you can find love, peace, friendship anywhere if you just try to live your best life. I think we both have grown in tremendous ways internally since we have been here. I also learned that coke is called pop, party stores are where they sell liquor not decorations, and best way to pronounce your vowels is to draaaag them out. I also remember the thing that freaked us out the most when we arrived was all the coat hangers on the restaurant booths. Even though our future is undecided I have no fears about uprooting and finding a "home" wherever you are. We look forward to what lies ahead, especially the amazing Michigan summer.
I am still amazed that this year has flown by. Please come visit us before another one goes by too fast. Plus if you wait too long it will just start getting cold again! :)
Thanks for all the support in the last year and for allowing us to bug each of our blog readers with emails and phone calls. We appreciate all the love in our life.
:)

No comments:
Post a Comment