Sunday, August 31, 2008

Happy Labor Day!

I guess I should update since its been a while (and I think there are at least 4 people who read this regularly). Our parents really do love and miss us. HA! We miss you too! :)

I went to a work summer party on Tuesday. I took my camera but it died before I took any photos. It was a great party and I won an awesome prize in the White Elephant Gift Exchange. I can't tell you what it is cause someone special is getting it for Christmas and I am STOKED! Here is a picture puzzle as a clue to what it is...

+

+


Have you figured it out? Post your guesses in the comment box!

I also made salsa, guacamole, and queso for the party. WHAT A HIT! It's actually a funny story. My boss came by our work on Monday before the party and asked what I was bringing. I told her salsa and queso. She told me to bring guacamole. Well, she is VERY demanding and I told my co-workers I will ALWAYS do what she says mainly to keep her happy. So I went to THREE stores to find all the ingredients and make the guacamole. I thought it tasted bad but I took it anyway. It was gone in 5 minutes. They all said it was the best they ever had. None of the Michigan people had ever eaten the typical (Texas style I guess) queso with rotel, velveta, and sausage. They LOVED it. I also made salsa with a little heat since the salsa here tastes like marinara sauce. They loved that too. I gave the leftovers to my bosses' husband. The next day she came up to me and said she woke up at 2 am cause she heard a rattleing downstairs. Her husband was polishing off the salsa! She asked him what he was doing and he told her he had to finish it because it might not be as fresh the next day. I think there were at least 3 cups left! I was cracking up!

Other than that we have been working a lot. Patrick has been busy with football season and I have asked to work overtime. I have also been training semi-hard for the half marathon. It's official I am doing it! I need to kick it up a little but its hard to find the time to do the longer runs. 3 of my friends are doing it and so far its been fun meeting up and running. Although one of the girls just had a baby and she runs with the stroller and still kicks my butt! It's October 19th. Just pray for me that I make it in decent time if not they ship you back on a Loser Bus!

Patrick had planned on going to Canada for the first Saturday in football season (you can bet and watch games like in Vegas) but I told him we had his birth certificate and it was actually the baptism certificate! I don't think the Canadians know about OLG! Thankfully its on its way here from his parents house so we can go another time. It was great fun though to have him home on a Saturday and he didn't have to got to a Tech game and stay at work all night. We watched the Michigan State game at a restaurant and had a blast! By the way... GO TECH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RAIDER POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well that should be enough for now. We are both working tomorrow. We are hoping to go to a Notre Dame game sometime soon and I have some friends coming up in September. I am excited! God Bless and may God's Grace continue to shine in all of your lives as it has ours.

1 comment:

Leslie Ann Kitten said...

I cannot figure out what the second picture is! Urrg! This will drive me nuts!