Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Catching up




It has been a hectic beginning of August.  We went to the PGA Championship and then we were both working a ton.  I took a trip to Interlochen/Traverse City with a college friend and her family.  




Interlochen is beautiful.  There is famous arts school (high school) there and also a big summer camp.  Alumni include Felicity Huffman, Jewel, Josh Grobin and many more. We went for a trail run through the Interlochen National Forrest and then went over to the camp.  They had an outdoor amphitheater that is on the bank of the lake and behind the band (they were rehearsing symphony) were large windows to the water.  It was really cool.  If I ever have a creative kid I would hope they could go to school there.  Funny story about our barely decent hotel room... kenny Rogers had stayed in our room a few days before we got there.  Lots of artists do shows with the kids.  Bonnie Rait was there after we left. There was also a wedding on this mountain top just outside Traverse City.  It was breathtaking.  Made me want to have another wedding! Traverse City is really neat.  Imagine any city on the coasts.  Lots of sailboats, mountains, beach, water, trees... AMAZING.  They have great produce and I brought back some good cherries.  We also went to a winery and the product was great.  I got a bottle of champagne.  We also went canoeing in the pine river.  I didn't do so well but at least we didn't flip.  It was a three hour trip.  GORGEOUS! Trees, beach, river, and sunshine.  All in all a fun trip.  I am a blessed girl to have friends all over the country.  Thanks to Sara and her family for a great time.

When I got back I had to work a lot but Patrick and I had time to squeeze in the Dream Crusie.  Its on Woodward Avenue.  A street about 4 blocks from our home and it passes from most of the northern suburbs straight into downtown Detroit.  This is the largest free car show in America.  There were a MILLION people over the weekend that hung out on Woodward.  We saw lots of cars.  We were wishing our sister-in-laws Dad (Marin) and the Warshaw men could have seen it they would have LOVED it.  We parked our chairs and just watched the cruise.  It was cool.  



Now we will both be working a lot the next few weeks.  Patrick is getting ready for football season and of course his great ideas have made a big splash at the paper.  I have to work a lot of days to make up for all the time off I have had this month.  Now fall is on the horizon and we are excited to see the trees change colors.  We also hear cider and donuts are this thing to get in the fall.  What a fun town! 



God Bless!


No comments: