Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Summer Fun!

It has been a busy summer for us. We have had a ton of fun and done lots of things. My camera would catch fire each time I took a flash photo so I apologize for the delay in picture posting. Camera is now fixed and we have lots of pictures to share.

The summer began with lots of golf and a beautiful weather season. It has only been hot about 1 week but otherwise very mild. We have been to 2 concerts, Coldplay and Billy Joel/Elton John. We had terrible seats to the Billy/Elton concert but because of a seating snafu at the venue they moved us to 5th row center stage on the floor. It was great to see two legends so close. The Coldplay concert was at an outdoor venue and we had a great time. It got a little chilly near the end but it was fun.

We also went to Chicago this summer. I had a conference and Patrick and his friend Jodi tagged along. The conference was fantastic and we had a blast enjoying the city without all the snow like last time! We also came home and had a few days off. We went to the DIA (detroit institute of arts) and saw a great mural painted by Diego Rivera in the beginning of the auto age. It was cool.

Finally we just rounded out a FANTASTIC weekend to celebrate my 30th birthday. My college pals, parents, and a PA school friend came in for the party and stayed the weekend. It was a great weekend and I feel so blessed!

Enjoy the pictures! We will have a gaggle of Gonzales' visit us in a few weeks and we are SO excited. I will have many pictures from that trip. Happy Summer!






1 comment:

Leslie Ann Kitten said...

I need a new post! I can't wait to hear about what you all are doing!